NOTE: This article is meant to help your understanding of ACV and is in no way a replacement for due diligence or expert advice. Please use your own common sense BEFORE introducing any new substances into your body.
Personally, I LOVE Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
It's my magical elixir. I have used it on my face as a toner. I have used it on my hair to restore my pH balance. I've used it along with my bubble bath. I have used it to clean multiple surfaces. I have used it as a deoderizer for clothing, carpeting, and baby bottles, and garbage! I've even used it as part of a solution to deter spiders from entering my home.
ACV is so much more. It has so much to offer to everyone.
Below are just a few of the many benefits it provides. I implore you. Do some research. If not listed here, I'm sure ACV has other uses that could better your life. Like all things Apple Cider Vinegar does have its setbacks, but learning about it is your best way to capitalize on something readily available in stores or your cupboard.
ACV isn't for everyone. Some can't handle the smell or the taste. But if it can help you, why not try it at least once?
- Many of us have suffered from belly bloat and unwanted pounds. This is due to many contributing factors including genetics, poor diet, lack of exercise, and onward. Something most don’t realize is poor digestion can play a huge role in how you manage those extra pounds too. Poor digestion simply means your body is unable to absorb fats, proteins, and other essential nutrients effectively because they aren’t being broken down properly. Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar may help poor digestion by stimulating stomach acid production. Increasing the amount of stomach acid can help with breaking down the foods you eat more effectively so they can be absorbed more easily in your small intestine.
- NOTE: If you have GERD or Acid Reflux please speak with your doctor before consuming ACV.
- Apple Cider Vinegar may also make you feel fuller. Apples, like many fruits, are a natural source of a polysaccharide called Pectin. Pectin is a soluble fiber that expands when it comes in contact with water. This causes your stomach to stretch, which sends signals to your brain that you are full. Pectin then travels through your digestive tract undigested and softens any hardened waste as it passes through because of the added moisture it holds. It is also a good source of energy for your colon because it is fermented by bacteria in your large intestine making it easier to eliminate any waste you have.
- If you have issues with acne ACV may be your missing link. Our skin can become irritated by many things. For example many of the store bought cleansers strip our skin of the natural acidity on our skin. This leaves us vulnerable to many skin conditions including acne. ACV restores the natural acidity on our skin while also removing dead skin cells, reducing pore size, killing bacteria, and removing dirt and makeup. This is mostly because of malic acid, which forms when ACV is made. Malic acid is antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral. Making ACV the perfect toner.
- If you suffer from warts it couldn’t hurt to try ACV to remove it. Before you do anything, you need to be sure what you are dealing with is actually a wart and not something more serious. Not only should you ensure your wart isn’t something serious. It is important to realize ACV cannot cure HPV, the cause of the wart. The highly acidic nature of ACV is what helps remove the wart. It cannot treat or cure HPV, but the acetic acid found in ACV may help reduce the size of the wart and eventually remove it completely.
- The flu, bad breath, a common cold, sore throat, congestion, diarrhea, colic, and many other illnesses may become more manageable because of ACV. ACV is antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial, making it a perfect home remedy for these natural ailments. When ingested ACV creates an environment in your body that most causes of illness are unable to survive in. Though not a replacement for proper health care, ACV may help combat and sometimes cure sickness.
|Detoxifies and Purifies|
- Another potential benefit of ACV is its cleansing properties. By aiding the digestive system, ACV can help the body to remove waste more effectively. This not only ultimately helps reduce the amount of time waste is accumulating in the body, improving sluggishness and fatigue. ACV also make it easier to digest important vitamins and minerals that improve overall health and reduce the effects of essential nutrient deficiencies. Since it has been found to be an antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal, it can naturally give your immune system a boost.
- Many hair care products, including shampoo and conditioner, contain sulfates that can strip your hair and scalp of natural vitamins and oils essential for healthy hair. Diluted ACV can help balance the pH levels on your scalp, returning it to its natural state. ACV can also your remove the dead skin follicles and product build up. Ultimately leading to shinier hair and a cleaner scalp.
- itchy scalp
- I am absolutely horrified by spiders. Doesn't matter the size, or type, or if they are venomous or poisonous. Spiders make my skin crawl. When I moved into my apartment, there were spiders everywhere. I couldn't sit down without noticing a web or little 8-legged friend waiting to keep me company. I did some research online and found out spiders taste with their legs. I also found out they are not fans of citrus, mint, or salt and that they can be used as a repellent. After reading this I made a solution including all of the ingredients spiders supposedly cant stand. I sprayed my entire home and left the windows open. When I returned there were a few spiders waiting for me. The spray had made them move from their hiding places. I quickly caught and placed them outside. Ever since then I barely see any webs or spiders in my home and spray my place down periodically. My husband hates the smell, but I believe he hates the spiders more. The smell goes away once the ACV has dried and I don't have to worry anymore. It's a win win.
- ACV can possibly cause gastrointestinal issues,
|How to use Vinegar-Please consult a proper licensed professional before use or consumption of ACV.|
- For Weight loss
- Drinking a glass of water mixed with a 1-3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar* 15-20 minutes before a meal
- For Wart removal
- To get rid of a wart, regardless of what type of wart you have, you can soak the affected area for 20 minutes each day for 2 weeks to help remove the wart. You can also soak a cotton ball with ACV and tape it onto the wart overnight.
- For Acne
- Dilute the vinegar with water, usually 2 parts water to 1 part vinegar, depending on desired strength, and apply it to your face once a day. After it has dried. Rinse off. Apply it to affected areas only to avoid aggravating unaffected areas.
- For Combating Illness and general detox
- Begin by ingesting 1 teaspoon a day, do not exceed more than 3 teaspoons a day.
- Hair Care
- For optimum effectiveness, use 1/3 of a cup of ACV to about 4 cups of water on already shampooed and conditioned hair. After letting it soak for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off and enjoy your lustrous locks.
- Pest Repellent
- Mix water, salt, citrus(orange peels will do) and mint(if you don't have any, listerine will work). Mix equal parts of each ingredient. Place in a stove and bring to a boil. Remove from the burner and let cool. Your repellent is ready. Good Luck!
If these uses peaked your interest don't hesitate to find out more and let me know what you find. There are many other uses for Apple Cider Vinegar out there that can save us all some money and anxiety.