Our skin is our first defense against the elements. Caring for it the right way is as important as keeping ourselves hydrated. When you know your skin type, you are that much closer to creating a skin care routine that is suitable for you.
There are ordinary, dry, oily, combination skin types, as well as, sensitive, and aging skin. Anyone could have a combination of these skin types which is why it is important to know how to care for your unique skin type.
Below is a description of the different skin types and the best way to cater to your skin.
Ordinary Skin Type
If you have Ordinary Skin Type
- You have low sensitivity to different products and environment
- You have small pores
- You also have very few blemishes
How to care for your Ordinary Skin Type
- Remain Hydrated
- Practice good lifestyle and eating habits
- Keep your skin clean
If you have Dry Skin Type
- Your complexion may be rough
- You may have facial lines and patchy skin
- Your skin may also be more prone to:
- Skin irritation
- Peeling and flaking
- Less elasticity when exposed to certain soaps, environment, and hormonal changes.
- Your pores are barely visible
How to care for your Dry Skin Type
- Hot steam tends to be dehydrating so avoid long showers and baths.
- Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize!
- Lotion and Heavy creams are your best friends!!
- Use mild soaps and cleansers.
If you have Combination Skin Type
- You have different skin types in various areas.
- Dry skin around your eyes, cheeks, and sides of your face
- Oily skin on your forehead, nose, and chin area
- You may be prone to blackheads
- You may have shiny skin and large pores.
How to care for your Combination Skin Type
- Create a skin routine that caters to all the different parts of your skin.
- Don’t treat areas of your skin that are dry as you would areas of your skin that is oily.
- Uniquely tailor your skin cleansing routine and moisturize as needed.
If you have Oily Skin Type
- Your skin produces larger amounts of oil because of overexcited sebaceous glands.
- Which is your best line of defense against aging.
- You have enlarged pores, blackheads, and acne breakouts.
- You also have few lines to look forward to in the future.
- You have glossy skin
How to care for your Oily Skin Type
- Cleanse your skin without stripping it of its shiny glow
- Learn how your skin reacts to different seasons and adjust how much moisturizer you use for each.
- Use products that will not clog your skin.
- Look for non comedogenic products.
- Clean your skin regularly
- Use a light moisturizer
- Do Not over cleanse.
- This can lead to more oiliness.
If you have Sensitive Skin
- Your skin is easily impacted by outside factors
- You are more likely to have:
- You are more likely to have inflamed skin
How to care for your Sensitive Skin Type
- Take your time to find what skin products work for you
- Try products that are free of perfumes, detergents, soaps.
- Try products that have been dermatologist tested and allergen free.
- Certain ingredients can aggravate your skin so be careful
- Consult a dermatologist before introducing any ingredients you are unsure of to your skin.
If you have Aging Skin
- Don’t worry. Aging skin is a part of life and a mark of your progress in life.
- As we age we lose skin elasticity, volume
- And we gain wrinkles, fine lines, and blotchiness
How to care for your Aging Skin
- To slow down the aging process invest in a good moisturizer.
- Use a good cleanser
We are all blessed with qualities others wished they had. Follow these tips to bring out the best version of yourself.
|Sources of +Info|